Tuesday, March 06 2018
- "My husband retired last March. When you retire your income and social security are fixed. When the church started the year long building fund pledges, we gave a one-time amount. And I asked my husband how much he wanted to give monthly. When he told me how much, I gasped on the inside and for a split second thought we can't do that much. Then the next second, I said to him, "Awesome! If God put that amount on your heart, He'll provide!" Well, we have been able to give that amount each month. Glory to God! And since January, our fixed income has increased $500/month!" - D.E.
- "My wife and I purposed in our hearts to take some money out of our savings towards the pledge for the church building. It's not like we have so much, but we decided to make the sacrifice to take out of the money we are saving towards a home. Some days after we made this decision in our hearts and even before we made the pledge on paper, someone blessed us with three times the amount we purposed to pledge. We just want to thank God for this miracle. We were not even expecting anything, we just wanted to contribute to the work of God and He rose on our behalf. All glory to God." - Victor A.
- "This year when we heard about the pledges for the building fund, we knew what we had to do. Without really praying or talking about it, I threw a figure out to my husband of what we should give. He said double it. I was a bit reluctant but said OK. Then he said, 'No, give more.' So we settled on an amount, confident it was what God wanted us to give. The next Sunday was "Pledge Sunday" and we put in our pledge card and committed it to the Lord. The money would come from some vacation time my husband cashed in at work, as well as some money we had saved for some other purchases. Well, the EXACT Sunday we pledged, before we even left the church building, a church member blessed my husband with a (somewhat pricey) tool he needed for work! Our money was already coming back to us! The following week, while going over the bank statement, I noticed my husband was paid TWICE for the vacation he cashed in. When he went to his boss about it, he said they could not find ANY record of the double payment and told us to KEEP IT!! Then, the following week we received another deposit from his job (in error) for a different employee named Chris which was much more than what his deposit should have been. Again, they just left it in our account!! We believe these were supernatural deposits for sure! We know it's just the beginning of the abundance God has for us as we sow into His Kingdom! Thank you Jesus!" - Anita O.
- "The Lord abundantly blessed us!!! Last week, Ronnie & I were able to easily give our one time pledge gift because I received paid mandatory education hours for my job. I received my biggest paycheck ever. We realized this was perfect timing. Praise the Lord" - Karin B.
- "With great enthusiasm, I want to tell you both about what's been going on and how God has blessed me with $1,000 that I am planting today for our new church. [Elsa continues with details about being out of work for several months due to caring for her mother after a serious car accident.] ... I was checking all my old emails that were over a month old and the CEO emailed me that I was awarded $1,000 due to being evacuated during Harvey. I immediately knew there was no better place than the building fund for my new church home to plant this seed. Pastors, I asked Jesus for $1,000 one day when y'all were up front talking about pledges. Today I mail my check with so much joy and and rejoicing to be wanting to do this and it was made possible by Jesus! [Elsa's letter then continues with MANY thanks and praises to Jesus for the many ways He protected and preserved her mother and daughter in the wreck and His provision for her during this time.]" - Elsa G.
- Sharon S. started to pledge $750 for the building fund, but the Lord said to double it. She thought Uh Oh...but she did it! In December 2017, her pledge was still outstanding. One day, she reminded the Lord that she needed to fulfill her pledge. She didn't have the money, and the only way to get it was for Him to give it. The next day, she got an unexpected call saying she was being sent a check for $2,200 - enough to pay her pledge and buy Christmas gifts!